Last week I tried my hand at making some crockpot granola. I love granola and always wanted to make some, but know that it burns really easily in the oven. Since I burn things in the oven all the time, even when it’s not an easy to burn dish, I figure the crock would rock!
I didn’t take any pictures but the recipe I followed and any pictures below were found at Stacy Makes Cents. I’m not sure how I found her blog, but I’m so glad I did! This lady is so funny! She has so many great recipe, money saving, and creative ideas. This isn’t the last you’ll hear of her here, that’s for sure.
Anyway…onto the oats!
(The recipe Stacy used is a bit different as I put in what we had, but that’s the beauty of it! Mix it up!)
5 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup slivered almonds
1-2 cups of craisins
3/4 cup butter
3/4 cup honey
2 Tbsp vanilla
2 Tbsp cinnamon
1. Mix oats and almonds in crockpot
2. Melt butter in saucepan. Once melted add the honey and melt all together
3. Pour butter mix over the oats and add cinnamon and vanilla. Stir up real good!
4. Cook on low for about 3 hours, at least that’s what I did! Keep the lid cracked to keep it from getting too soggy.
5. Pour out onto tray when finished to cool. Once cool add craisons!
6. Store in fridge of a couple weeks! (I did a couple tests on this because I thought it would get soggy in the fridge. I poured most back into the oatmeal container to store and that was good for the last week! I also put a jar in the fridge and it was really good-it actually seems the most crunchy!)
The granola turned out really good! It is a little soft, so it’s not the crunchy which I really enjoy too, but it isn’t burned and it’s still tasty. I’ve been eating it all week in some yogurt-yum! So excited to try different combos now 🙂 let me know if you guys try it!
(And…just kidding, this picture is my last bit of granola left…time to make more to devour!) (and one of the little guy…because I just can’t resist)