We’ve definitely been loving on the hot chocolate recently. Nothing better than some hot cocoa when it’s freeeezing outside. Mmmm sipping the warm, sweet elixir while watching the snow fall. Sign. Me. Up.
I found a recipe for Hot Chocolate Cookies on the side of our marshmallow bits and figured a hot chocolate cookie would probably go deliciously well with the beverage 😉
1-1/4 cups butter, softened
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 Tsp vanilla
3-1/4 cups flour
4 envelopes or 3/4 cup hot chocolate mix(not sugar free)
1-1/4 tsp baking soda
1tsp baking powder
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup of vanilla marshmallow bits (they taste like lucky charms!)
1. Heat oven to 350
2. Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
3. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well
4. Combine the next 4 ingredients and gradually beat into butter mixture
5. Stir in chocolate chips and marshmallows!
6. Put on baking sheets and cook for 9-11 minutes
7. Cool for 5 minutes on sheet before cooling on rack
8. Eat them all!!
P.S. I ran out of marshmallow bits (because I was dumping them into my mouth all day ;)) so I tried to substitute mini marshmallows. It was ok but they mostly dissolved in the oven, go figure 😉 so maybe you don’t want to do that. Here’s some pics from my cookie madness…
I had to throw in one of my little baby model 😉
Update: here is the marshmallows for the recipe!