Oh Yum! I stumbled upon something delicious tonight 🙂 I was feeling ambitious and decided to make dinner. We were planning chicken with pasta and I wanted something with a little more pizazz than chicken in the crockpot. And I also knew we had breadcrumbs…
Lo and behold, I found this recipe at allrecipes.com and oh. My. Goodness! It did not disappoint! And it was so EASY!
We had everything on hand and it came together in a flash. It was so juicy and delicious. Pretty much like homemade Shake ‘n Bake…which I also LOVE!
The recipe linked above is for 6 but I made it for 2. My version is below. (I found it on my phone and the website let me put in 2 servings instead of 6, which was awesome, so it converted for me!)
2 Tsp olive oil
3/8 clove garlic cloves (I sprinkled in some garlic powder)
1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
3 Tbs and 1-3/4 tsp grated Parmesan (I just did 3 heaping Tbsp)
1/4 tsp dried basil
1/8 black pepper ground
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1. Preheat oven to 350 and cover a pan with tin foil.
2. Put olive oil and garlic in a bowl/dish
3. Put the bread crumbs, Parmesan, basil, and pepper in a bowl and mix
4. Cut chicken as desired. I did strips to have extra surface for coating 🙂
5. Dip the chicken in the oil to cover and then dip in bread crumb mixture to coat. Arrange on pan.
6. Cook for 30 minutes or until chicken is done!
This would be so good with salad or on its own or with pasta like we did…so many options. And I bet you could play around with spices in the mixture to change it up.
Let me know whatcha think! Happy cooking!